NOTE: This operation should be done in t he morning on a sunny day. This will allow the lantern to receive a full 8 hours of sunlight so that the rechargeable battery/batteries can reach maximum capacity.
• Remove the solar puck by turning it counterclockwise.
• Remove battery covers by unscrewing the 3 screws on the battery compartment.
• Remove the old battery and replace it with a new AA size 1.2V rechargeable battery of same or greater mAh. (USE RECHAR GEABLE BATTERIES ONLY).
Note : Clean the battery contacts and those of the device prior to battery installation.
• Be sure to insert the battery in the proper direction.
• Replace the battery covers.
• Replace the cover by turning clockwise.